“Our hearts are smiling today and over flowing with love and immense gratitude to Hogs & Heifers for their overwhelming support of the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation. Hog Wild for Kids is one of our most treasured and impactful fundraisers for Camp Cartwheel. Once agaIn, Michelle Dell and her unstoppable staff, along with incredible community support, have sent over 120 kids to Camp!! We love Hogs & Heifers for all they do in our community and especially for loving our children and the families that we serve.” ~Jeff Gordon – President of the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
The 16th Annual Hog Wild for Kids was our first live charity event since our December ’19 Toy Run. Our annual toy ride also benefits the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation, so this year’s Hog Wild event was fitting way to get the Hogs commUNITY back together again!!
We were VERY EXCITED so see so many friends, patrons, and familiar faces – y’all came through in a huge way this year. You know we love money, numbers and stats in Vegas, here is a breakdown of what WE AS A HOGS commUNITY DID!!!
- We had a total of 77 riders and passengers, raising $1,370.00
- The weather was absolutely stellar! Sunny and in the 70’s. The group rode a scenic route to the Hoover Dam/Lake Mead exit, turned around and stopped at Biscuits & Bourbon in Henderson for lunch. The ride took 1 hour. We were greeted by the GM – Kevin Sturgeon, their marketing manager – Amanda and server – Emily. Lunch special was your choice of a pulled pork or shredded chicken sandwich with either chips or coleslaw and $5 beers.
- Jeff Gordon – the President of the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation joined the ride again this year. He’s a great friend of the saloon and the gentlemen quoted above!
- The raffle included super cool items like a Jameson branded Grill, Tito’s and Michelob Ultra Golf Bags, Tito’s lounge chair, amazing artwork, Tattoos with artists of Aged in Oak Tattoo Parlor…etc. The Raffles raised $2970.00
- The Auction raised $11,100.00 with the top item being the NFL Dream Trip which brought in $2500.00. Some of the other items that were auctioned off were from our 2019 SEMA Kick-Off Party. Some of these items included a gas tank that was painted and pinstriped by TNA Customs and Hotdog Kustoms, helmets painted by famous artists – Darren McKeag, Keith Eccles and Sean Treves. Beautiful paintings by John Deel and canvas art by Johnny the Painter. One of the other big hits in the auction was the Absolut foosball table that opened up as a cooler.
- Bucket collections started a few weeks out and brought in a total of $10,307.00 from our generous customers.
- All total with other donations was just over $30,000.00.
- Not only did Natalie Young of EAT. bid on items, throw them back in to be auctioned off again, but she also set us up with our breakfast burritos and also donated another $1000.00 towards the foundation. The owners of Biscuits and Bourbon (our ride destination) also kicked in $200!!
- Our Friends Marilyn and Maureen worked the doorway bar where we served our participants breakfast burritos from Natalie Young’s EAT., coffee and donuts.
- Our Road Captains were our very own GM – AR Ramsey and Events Director – Penny Osiecki. Our road guards did an outstanding job keeping all riders safe. They were Hogs Security – Sean Delehant and customers of Hogs – John, Vince, Dion, Jack and Brad.
Big hugs to badass boss Michelle Dell! Due to an ongoing recovery from an injury, she was not able to attend this year’s event… Hats off to Tiffany Bennett who took over being the auctioneer in her absence, and did a spectacular job!!!
Hog Wild for Kids is a charity ride that benefits the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation and Camp Cartwheel.
Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
The mission of NCCF is to provide social, educational, financial and psychological support services and programs to families of ALL children diagnosed with life-threatening or critical illnesses such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, sickle cell, renal, blood and immunologic diseases and to provide healing arts and wellness programs to adults touched by cancer as well as to chronically ill children and their caregivers.
Camp Cartwheel NCCF’s Camp Cartwheel at Torino Ranch is an outdoor three-night camp experience designed to help children with cancer or other critical illnesses as well as their siblings overcome the physical, mental and emotional obstacles posed by childhood disease.